On Friday, I left the house around 3PM for a nice $50 pedicure. The skies were blue and it was warm enough for me to comfortably wear a jean skirt and flip-flops. Of course, I walked to the nail salon. My pedi only took about half-an-hour and when I went to the front of the shop to sit and dry my tootsies, I looked out the shop's window to find that the sky was black and it was pouring. Like sheets of rain coming down sideways. I panicked for a second about getting home, but (luckily) Tom was working from home and had already e-mailed me about coming to pick me up. Some of my other salon-goers were not so lucky. One girl rode her bike her there and was stuck - like me, she thought is was a beautiful day and didn't expect this meteorological moodswing. And this rain didn't let up after ten minutes of dumping. It went on for a good two hours straight. So strange. So inconvenient!
But I'm not complaining too loudly because when the weather here is nice, it's nice. I've never seen bluer skies and fluffier, whiter clouds, or felt such pure, unfiltered sunshine. I just wish Denver weather would start taking its meds and even itself out!!

No comments:
Post a Comment