Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oh, hi.

Remember me?

The past few months have gone by way too quickly, mostly because I started a new job in July that has basically dominated my life and we had a busy summer filled with visitors and short East Coast jaunts. I can't believe it's already almost the holidays. And we've been in Denver for almost seven months. Yowza!

A few short musings...

1) Excuse me, weather gods. Did you know that it's almost the end of October and I live a mile above sea level? Can we please get some cold air up in here? I'm hot. I would like to wear a jacket, or at least a long-sleeve shirt sometime in the near future. (Yes, I realized that it's probably going to be freezing in a few weeks. And, no, I won't wish that it was warm again.)

2. Today when I took Chowder outside to pee during my lunch break, he tried to run away with a homeless man who was walking a bicyle. I had to chase after Chowder (and the homeless man), screaming, "CHOWDER! CHOWDER! COME BACK HERE!!" None of that phased the homeless man (or Chowder) until I screamed, "EXCUSE ME!! EXCUSE ME, CHOWDER!" Then the homeless man thought I was yelling, "EXCUSE ME!" at him and stopped, whipped around and looked at me all offended. And I had to be like, "Oh, me so sorry!! My silly dog wants to run away with you!! And you don't want that! Har, har, har!!" Ugh. I think it's time for obedience school.

3. We are taking a trip this weekend - and I have no idea where we're going! Eeek!

1 comment:

  1. yay you're back!! I think you should bring some of those little water purification tablets and some Deep Woods OFF spray. And a couple of cans of Sterno.

    ReplyDelete