Wednesday, March 31, 2010

100 Things I Will Miss About Boston...

Last day of work... last night in Boston. Not going to lie - I'm feeling a little sad. I LOVE Boston and I am going to MISS the hell out of this city. While driving to work this morning, I started thinking about all the things I will miss about Boston...

1. that accent
2. spring flowers in the Garden
3. Red Sox baseball caps
4. Boylston Street
5. reading the New Yorker on the bumless side of the Common
6. the boutiques on Charles Street
7. mounted police in the Common
8. cemeteries
9. Mayor Menino and his mumbling
10. Boston pride
11. Swan Boats and how they reminded me of being little
12. the Pour House
13. the Red Line
14. Frog Pond
15. Police/Fire/EMS guys
16. September 11th at Fenway Park
17. Marathon Monday
18. Stop n Shop
19. Ken Oringer
20. Tom Brady/Wes Welker/Vince Wilfork
21. Halfway Cafe
22. Dylan Dryer
23. Fenway franks
24. Eastern Standard pre-Red Sox game
25. Charlestown bars (Warren Tavern, Tavern on the Water)
26. Raspberry cookies from Mike's Pastry
27. feeling proud of myself for mastering Boston driving
28. Fourth Street Bridge
29. South Boston Parade
30. my roomie
31. late-nite Dunkin' Donuts
32. old school Southie people
33. the Jimmy Fund
34. Cape Cod jewelry
35. Lord & Taylor's dress sales
36. b. Good
37. Prezza
38. calling liquor stores "packies"
39. the first warm day of the year
40. NECN
41. the Improper Bostonian
42. the front page of the Boston Herald
43. the breakdancers in Faneuil Hall
44. South Station
45. spin class on Wednesday nights
46. the Seaport District
47. the Boston Harbor Hotel
48. walking from the North End to South Station along the waterfront
49. 371 Dorchester Street
50. Love Letters on boston.com (luckily I can still read this online!)
51. Cambridge hipsters
52. bike messengers
53. Kingston Station
54. meeting Ray for after-work drinks
55. knowing the "back roads" home from work
56. 20 Concord Square
57. Finagle-a-Bagel
58. Phillips Candy House
59. calling Dorchester "the Dot"
60. J. Pace chicken salad sandwiches
61. cobblestone streets
62. Roger Berkowitz & Legal Seafoods ads
63. good clam chowder
64. the Inside Track & Names and Faces
65. Poland Springs water
66. being on the field at Fenway Park a few times a year
67. the Banana Republic on Newbury Street
68. Macy's in Downtown Crossing
69. Parish Cafe's patio
70. "bean" references
71. Harpoon IPA
72. Sam Summer
73. living in Southie but always having a parking spot on the street
74. 617 area code
75. the Playwright in Southie
76. Scampo at the Liberty Hotel
77. Abe & Louies for brunch
78. the leprechaun stickers that have been on my apartment windows since last St. Patty's Day
79. Franklin Cafe
80. "Beat LA" Celtics t-shirts
81. Beacon Hill Pub
82. Yawkey Way before a Red Sox game
83. the Red Sox store
84. "Booze cruises down the greater Newbs."
85. being afraid to go into Louis Boston
86. Silvertone
87. City Sports t-shirts
88. easily identifying people from the North Shore while out at bars
89. the man at the halfway house a few doors down who keeps his cat on a leash
90. Sal's pizza
91. making fun of Brookline
92. Fourth of July fireworks on the Esplanade
93. the Charles River
94. Make Way for Ducklings statue
95. Wachusett blueberry beer
96. Haymarket farmers market
97. the Christmas trees at the Pru and the Common
98. Tellos in Downtown Crossing (only window shopping!)
99. fish n chips
100. my family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post. The leashed cat made me LOL. I've tried it with Mouser and he just slips his fleshy little neck right out from under it. Ask Tom about the time we had to chase him all around our yard to get him before he jumped the fence into the Raccoons Crack Den next door. Also, I too am afraid to go into Louis Boston!! Always have been. TODAY'S THE DAY! Eek, that's wild. I'm sad you're not going to be here anymore. Keep the blog posts comin' though I'll be checking daily!

    ReplyDelete