Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What day is it?

That's what I keep asking myself every morning when I wake up because the days are running together and I can't keep a clear grasp of the calendar. Is it really Wednesday, April 14th? Have we really been in Denver for 12 days? It feels longer... or maybe shorter? I'm not sure.

Anyway, I've learned a few things in the past 12 days. 1) Moving is really hard work. 2) Disorganization causes me major anxiety. 3) Tom is good at putting things together, even though he doesn't think so.

Since we got here, we've been going non-stop. Between making big purchases like bedroom and living room sets to the daily trips to Target and/or Bed Bath and Beyond, we've been spending money like it's going out of style then coming home to either put stuff away, put stuff together or organize stuff. Our living room stuff is all here (except for the side table that won't be delivered until sometime in May) and our bedroom stuff is coming today (assembly required, unfortunately). I've been trying to decorate here and there as I can, but the insane amount of cardboard and boxes in our kitchen and living room has made that difficult. We are getting there though, slowly but surely... I will post pictures once I feel like the place is picture-worthy. The apartment itself is beautiful and we are going to be really happy here once everything gets done!

This morning I put together our vacuum, which was a much more difficult feat than I expected. Turns out I am horrible at reading directions and Dirt Devil is horrible at writing them. I kept at it, though, and managed to get it assembled and working. Yay!

Tom is off at meetings in Denver this week, which is nice because he is home every evening. Next week he travels to Austin, then the week after he will be in Houston. It's good for him to get into a work routine out here, and it will be good for me to figure out my routine while he's traveling.

Ok - I need to go use that new vacuum that I just put together. There is a major amount of stubborn Styrofoam specks all over our floors that are driving me CRAAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment